Try A Face Wash With Avocado Oil If You Suffer From Skin Irritation
You don’t have to hail from California to love avocados. It turns out that this magical fruit is just as wonderful on your skin as it is in your salad. Let's explore ways to get the goodness out of the avocado and onto your face without making a mess.
So what is in avocado that makes it so good?
The antioxidants, vitamin E, beta carotene, vitamin D, lecithin, protein and essential fatty acids in the avocado oil extract can support healing and actually soothe the skin. These all fall into three main buckets:
- Antioxidants: these are compounds that inhibit oxidation. Oxidation is the chemical reaction that produces free radicals. These lead to chain reactions that may damage the cells of your skin. Antioxidants such as avocado oil stop these chain reactions.
- Anti-inflammatory: is the characteristic of the avocado oil that reduces inflammation or swelling.
- Emollient: is the effect of softening and soothing the avocado oil does on the skin.
People with these conditions should pay attention:
- Eczema: An inflammation of the skin, displayed as redness, itching, and often lesions that may discharge and become encrusted and scaly.
- Acne: An inflammation of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles of the skin that is visible as pimples or pustules, primarily on the face.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: A chronic skin condition associated with seborrhea and greasy scales on the face, scalp or other parts of the body.
What will a face wash with Avocado oil extract do?
- Maintain hydration
- Reduce damage from free radicals
Is it safe to use daily?
- Yes, as long as it is used in low concentrations.
- Native avocado oil extract is extremely potent and works best to humidify the skin when combined in a face wash with a humectant.
Another glorious fact about avocado oil is that it doesn’t have any negative interactions with other ingredients. You’ll want to avoid mixing the face wash with other face washes or oils. Other oils will compete with the avocado oil and can displace it, so you will only be getting marginal benefits.
So if by now you aren’t obsessed with avocados, we’ve just given you one more reason to love them.
Organic Shampoo and Conditioner:
Common Ground Organic Personal Care: